Steven C. Dickhaut, M.D.
Born in Aberdeen, South Dakota.
Graduated from the University of South Dakota and the Baylor College of Medicine with honors.
Served residency at the University of Texas Health Science Center.
Participated in a Mini-Fellowship in Sports medicine at the University of Texas.
Dr. Dickhaut has been a practicing Orthopaedist since 1977, and is currently the team Orthopaedic Surgeon for Stephen F. Austin Athletics.
Special Professional Interests:
- Shoulder Arthroscopy and Arthroscopic Shoulder Reconstruction and Rotator Cuff Repair.
- Arthroscopic Knee Surgery, Knee Ligament Injuries and Surgery, Knee Rehabilitation and Athletic Rehabilitation.
- Lower Extremity Total Joint Replacement.
- Total Knee Replacement
- Acute Fracture Care with Particular Interest in Closed Intramedullary Rodding Injuries.
- Running Injuries.
- Arthroscopy elbow and ankles.
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio Orthopedic Surgery 1977 – 1980
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston Texas 1973 – 1977
(Awards: Outstanding Student of Orthopaedic Surgery, 1977)
Board Certified by the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, July 1984
- American Medical Association
- Alamo Orthopaedic Society
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Nacogdoches-San Augustine Medical Society
- Diplomat American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery July 1984
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Justin Healers Mobile Sports Medicine Program – East Texas Medical Director
- Consultant to the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association, 1988 – Present
- Nacogdoches Medical Center
- Memorial Hospital
- Nacogdoches Surgery Center
- “Arthroscopic Management Of The Discoid Lateral-Meniscus Syndrome” Presented at the Alamo Orthopaedic Society Meeting, 1982, and also presented at the Texas Orthopaedic Society Meeting in San Antonio, Texas, 1982.
- “The Discoid Lateral-Meniscus Syndrome.” Steven C. Dickhaut, M.D. and Jesse C. Delee, M.D. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, Vol. 64-A, NO 7, PP, 1068-1073, Sept. 1982.
- “Lower Extremity Total Joint Replacement” Presented at Arthritis Awareness Day - Dallas County Arthritis Association, November 1983.
- “ARI” – Sports Medicine Symposium May 1993 – Adhesive Capsulitis.”
- “Shoulder Arthroscopy” – Impingement/Rotator Cuff Tears – Arthroscopic Management” Southwest Athletic Trainers Association Annual Meeting, Arlington, Texas, 1994.
- “Clinical Exam Of The Athletes’ Shoulder.” – 5th Annual East Texas Sports Medicine Seminar – Tyler, Texas, 1996.
- “Elbow Injuries In Throwers”. – East Texas Athletic Trainers Association (ETATA) Meeting, 2003.
- “Clinical Investigator.” Smith & Nephew Endoscopy Suture Anchor Study, 2003.
- Lecturer on “Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair Techniques” and lab instructor for Arthrex, 2004.
- Lecturer on “Radiofrequency micro-debridement (TOPAZ) and Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair” for Arthrocare Corp., 2004.
- AANA Lab instructor on shoulder arthroscopy.
- Smith & Nephew Endoscopy – Boston, MA Seminar Chief lecturer and lab instructor on Advanced Arthroscopy of the Shoulder Techniques Seminar, Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff repair and Instability of the shoulder Lecturer for large group of German, Swiss and Northeaster United States Orthopaedic surgeons, June 12th and June 13th , 2007
- Computer networking / graphics
- Skiing, Flyfishing, Kayaking and Photography.
Sanford (Sandy) Miller, ATC, LAT
Instructor/Entry Level Masters AT
Stephen F. Austin State University